The Vine Dressers
History
2007 Cabernet Sauvignon Petit Verdot - VQA
2012 Cabernet Sauvignon Petit Verdot - VQA
In 1891, Captain J.S. Hamilton, the president of Pelee Island Wine Company and J.S. Hamilton & Co., began construction of a three-story building with the stone being quarried from the island. Named the Wine House, it was located on five acres of land near the West dock on Pelee Island. The press was located on the third floor and the juice was channeled to the 5,000 litre oak casks in the cellar.

With Vin Villa Vineyards (1865) already well established, and along with the Wine House, the new century began with a strong winemaking spirit on the island.